Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Is Compromise Possible?

Amidst public outcry in support of immigration reform that protects dreamers and puts forth common sense gun control members of Congress continue to grapple over these issues with no real measurable steps forward. When it comes to debating these polarizing issues Congress men and women seem to be caught in a never-ending stalemate. The author of this New York Times article attributes this common scenario in politics to the fact that our government is being run by Republicans that are mainly concerned with serving the interests of their constituents who tend to hold minority sentiments on legislation about immigration and gun measures. For example, recently when Senator Mitch McConnell succumbed to public pressure and allowed for a vote on immigration proposals, all hope for any agreement was lost when the administration criticized the bipartisan plan that "would have given Dreamers-but not their parents-a path to citizenship in exchange for $25 billion" to be spent on a southern border wall because the President also wanted more stringent limits on family based migration. As long as our leaders continue to bend to the will of their constituents rather than serving the rest of America I fear that we will continue to see progress halted when it comes to voting and ratifying legislation that could possibly save lives.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/22/us/politics/gun-control-immigration-legislation.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete